Thursday, December 17, 2015

AWAY WE GO TRAVEL FOLIO (BOY VERSION)

Hello everyone!

I've got another Foto Folio to share with you all. This is a custom order I got from my facebook page from a very nice lady and she wanted a Travel Folio for kids. Then she showed me three websites which have diy travel journal for kids but used the cinge binding. I told her that I only do the kind of binding that I do with foto folios and mini album and don't have the machine for that. And then she told me that the last travel folio that I made will be too complicated for the kids and maybe I can make a simpler one. I thought of the travel folio from foto folios 2 and showed her kathy orta's video for that and she said that it could work, so we agreed on me making the travel folio. I made two travel folio, one for a boy and another for a girl. She also told me to use papers with shades of blue and green for the boy and shades of pink for the girl folio. And I think I managed to do that.

On this album, I used Away We Go paper collection from Imaginisce and I also used few pocket cards from Sn@p travel by simple stories. I used kraf-tex for the spine and elastic for the closure. To ink the edges of the papers, I used salty ocean distress ink by ranger.

On the front cover, I just layered some patterned paper and place a sticker that says "happy travels" which I got from another collection. I made like a luggage tag and put the name of the boy inside and used acetate. I also used baby blue elastic for the closure and blue eyelets.


When you open this album, on the left side there is a expandable envelope with clear front so he can see everything that he will put inside and a smaller folio like a folder which has two clear pockets inside if ever he needs some organization. On the folder, I just piece some patterned papers and pocket cards and just added some banners. I also used clips and did not use any magnets just to be different and nothing will fall out of the folder.






On the right side, there is another folder which has two stacked side pockets that has a magnetic closure so that nothing will fall out of the folder. At the back of that there is a large pocket which holds a photo mat that I made. And below I fussy cut one part from the 4x6 pocket cards and just adhere the sides and the bottom to have a pocket above and then I added some journaling spots. Next there is a stacked pockets and I added photo mats and put it inside the pockets. I used patterened papers and reinforcement to decorate the photo mats.




Then in the middle, there's another expandable envelope but smaller than the last two that I showed you earlier which also has clear front. There's also a large pocket beside the expandable envelope. And I added journaling pages inside the pockets.



Then the back looks like this,


I also added some printables found on http://we3travel.com/free-kid-travel-journal-printable/ which are great for lots of journaling for kids.

This is perfect for travel where they can organize what they get from travelling like stubs, tickets, pamphlets, postcards and perfect to place all their photos! They can also place their colored pens or pencils inside the envelopes!

Please watch the walkthrough of this album to see all the tags and photo mats that I made. Watch it here:





Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! And don't forget to follow me!


Thank you for stopping by!


And as I always say, after all has been said and done, all we have are memories! So CREATE, CREATE, CREATE and put it on a SCRAPBOOK page! --scrappy mommy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment